A love for teaching young children

Supporting parents in the educating of their child













Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Compare and Contrast National Symbols with Other Symbols Simplified for Grades K to 2

Welcome to Becca's Heart for Early Childhood Education blog! My heart's desire is connecting my creativity with making learning playful for students of all ages but especially the littles! A day or two ago I shared an activity sheet that included both Illinois state symbols (the state I live in) and national USA symbols. Just a few minutes ago I finished making a simplified version that focuses only on national symbols. And it is not 1 to 1 correspondence matching in each row but recognizing that there is a 2nd national symbol in each row after they focus on the first USA pictured icon at the start of each row.

So here's a snapshot of what that looks like:

Keeping Social Studies simple for early learners:



Row 1: The U.S. Presidential Seal and National Flag
Row 2: The U. S. Capitol Building and Statue of Liberty
Row 3: The Liberty Bell and Mount Rushmore
Row 4: The Lincoln Memorial and a Bald Eagle, national bird

My ideas that I share are for inspiration. Give credit where credit is due, please, if you refer to my activities.

Sharing my passion of creating interesting activities for ECE students,
Becca S

Illinois certification endorsements:
Birth to Grade 3/ECE
FACS Grades 6-12

and approval:
General Science Grades 5-8


No comments:

Post a Comment